Apply Now for a Pet Sitting Job in Addison, IL
For a pet sitting job in Addison, Illinois, We are looking for reliable, dedicated employees (21yrs+) who are passionate about pet care.
We will only hire those who can uphold our exceptionally high standards of service. If you understand the seriousness of taking care of other people’s pets, are passionate about animal care, love the outdoors, enjoy the freedom of working independently, and love to drive, then this could be the perfect career path for you!
We are currently hiring for the following: Daily Dog Walker and a Pet Sitter.
You can apply for both positions.
Open positions are part-time with the possibility of extended hours if desired. Both the dog walker and pet sitter career in Addison, IL can let you gain experience as a professional. It’s the perfect part-time position that offers a potential for growth and that’s also advantageous for someone looking to supplement their current income. The best candidates are those with full availability, 7 days a week for all of our time blocks; however, this level of availability is not required. Sitters may be required to work during holidays.
To be qualified you must:
– Live within one of our service areas.
– Own a reliable, gas efficient, insured car that can get you around in inclement weather.
– Be able to transport pets in your vehicle in an emergency situation.
– Be looking for a long term position.
– Have experience with animals (not necessarily in pet sitting). Must be able to feed, walk, and medicate pets, as well as accurately observe their behavior.
– Be physically fit and be able to handle emergency situations with a calm and cool mind.
– Own a Smartphone or iPad with a data plan, a computer with Internet, a printing capability, and a shredder.
– Be willing to commit to specific time blocks of availability on a consistent basis.
– Must be comfortable learning new computer software and have excellent time management skills.
– Must be able to access emails twice a day.
– Must be comfortable in cleaning up accidents and in handling dogs with minimal to no obedience training, as well as those that may pull on the leash, etc.
– Be extremely reliable and dedicated. Calling out is only acceptable in emergency situations.
– Be willing to work in any type of weather.
– Have superb organizational skills, be able to follow written instructions, be professional, and be detail oriented.
– Be trainable as well as able to communicate well with clients and our office, both verbally and in notes left at the client’s home.
If hired, you will need to pass a criminal background check. You will also be required to go through approximately 10 hours (paid compensation) of Hands-On Shadowing. Additionally, you will be trained in pet first aid and CPR in the beginning as well as every year for the entire time that you are working with us.
Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers are also required to attend our quarterly staff meeting (paid compensation), held in Addison, on the first Saturday of each quarter from 9am-11am.
Pet Sitters are compensated at a rate of $10 per stop. In this position, you get to retain 50% of any holiday fees and 100% of their tips. This is a 1099 position. You are responsible for your own taxes and will receive a 1099 at the end of the year.
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com for an application.