Providing Excellent Pet Sitting in Addison, IL
Fur and Feathers Pet Care offers a multitude of services for a variety of pets — pet sitting in Addison, IL being just one of many! And don’t think we are only a group of dog lovers and dog sitters because we cater to a number of pets as well. Reptiles, rabbits, birds, you name it! We offer professional, loving care for your pets, in the comfort of their own home, at an economical flat rate.
Whether it’s a simple everyday walk or just giving your pet some Tender Loving Care (TLC) and keeping them company, your pet’s needs are our top priority.
We can also handle various home services for you (at no extra cost) while tending for your pets in order to make it appear that your house is occupied. It’s an assuring crime deterrent when you’re away, and it’s a sound measure to keep your pet safe all the time.
Some of what we do are:
- bringing in the mail/newspapers
- bringing in any packages that might be delivered
- taking the garbage out on your assigned day
- opening and closing curtains
- turning the lights on and off (unless you have timers, which is recommended)
Our Dog Walking Service includes 25-30 minutes of one-on-one time for the home alone pup. Included in this service, we also provide:
- changing your dog’s water
- feeding (at your request)
- giving treats
- and lots of love!
Fur and Feathers Pet Care can provide this service 7 days a week, or on an occasional schedule, or whatever other schedule works best for your furry friend.
Dog walking is a great way for your pooch to get out and take a break for the day. We will take your dog out for a walk to get some healthy leg stretch as well as some really important mental and physical stimulation.
We develop a personal relationship with your pet. We give them lots of love and reassurance during our visits. We don’t do group walks, so your dog will get our undivided attention during this exercise. We’re happy to adhere to your pet’s normal routine and reinforce basic commands such as “sit,” “stay” and “come.” We also practice street safety skills at all times.
Dog Sitting consists of 3 to 30-minute visits. During these visits your dog will be:
- walked (if applicable)
- given a treat
- given love and attention
- given medicine (if applicable)
Our Dog Sitting service also includes us doing some home services for you to make it seem like your house is lived-in.
Leaving your dog in their own home while you are away is very comforting to them. They won’t be stressed being in a kennel even without knowing why they are there. Still, having a pet sitter come and care for your dog(s) while you are away lets them stay on schedule with feedings, and most of all, they get so much love and attention that they might think they are on vacation.
Your kitty can relax in the comfort and safety of his or her own surroundings with in-home cat sitting, also known as the Cat Care. our cat sitters will visit your feline friend 1-3 times a day (your choice) to provide love and care in your cat’s own terms.
During those visits, our sitter will take care of your cat’s essential needs like:
- scooping the litter box
- and of course plenty of TLC.
Our Cat Care also includes us doing some home services for you to make it seem like your house is lived-in, even when you’re away.
This way, your cat(s) will never be in danger and feel alone.
Our sitter Sue has many years of experience with birds. She has had birds for 24 years and knows everything you need to know about owning one. She’s even hand-raised several Cockatiels for 4 years. Sue has cared for or has owned Macaws, African Greys, Parakeets, Cockatoos, Cockatiels, Canaries and Blue Crown Conures.
Sue knows how to clip nails and even flight feathers in case you wish your bird not to fly. She treats birds with great respect as she does with all animals.
Sue is happy to answer any questions you might have for her concerning your bird. She understands you are leaving your baby in her care and wants to be certain she can care for your bird(s).
Bird care (bird sitting) will consist of:
- cleaning the cage
- cleaning area around cage
- preparing fresh food
- supplying fresh water
- play time (if allowed)
Visits will last for 30 minutes or 1 hour, depending on your choice. After all, some birds need more attention and one-on-one playtime, that’s why we offer visits with longer hours. We even sing to them if requested — which has already been done multiple times before, all for our beloved feathered friends.
Other Friends We Care For
Aside from furry and feathery friends, Fur and Feathers Pet Care also cares for your scaled and tinier pets.
Sue has owned rats, hamsters, turtles, and lizards. With that said, she is familiar with their care. And while Sue hasn’t owned a snake before, she is still well-versed with their care as well.
You can have 1-3 visits for your pets. Please call for a price. Each individual pet may have a different price, but all the following services are still included for any type of pets:
- Cleaning cage or habitat
- Fresh food
- Fresh water
- Playtime out of cage if allowed
However, please take note that we do not feed live animals to snakes. Frozen is fine.
Why Hire a Pet Sitter
Advantages to your pet:
- Your pets remain in a safe and secure environment, where all the sights, smells, and sounds are familiar.
- Your pets will follow his or her customary diet, exercise routine, and medical treatments.
- Your pets will not be exposed to illnesses or parasites from other animals, as they could be in a boarding facility.
- Your pets will not be traumatized by travel in a car or unfamiliar environment.
- Your pets receive love and personal attention while the owner is away.
Advantages to You:
- You will not be inconvenienced or upset by having to transport the pet.
- You do not have to impose on a friend, family member or neighbor (who sometimes forgets).
- Your home is made more secure by crime deterrent measures provided by Fur and Feathers Pet Care.
- You can take comfort in knowing that while you are away your treasured pet is in capable and caring hands with Fur and Feathers Pet Care.
Each visit includes:
- Exercise, playtime, and a walk in the morning
- Feeding in the morning (if needed)
- Clean up of litter boxes and yards of waste
- Medication as needed
- Taking the garbage out on pick-up day
- Mail and newspaper pick up
- Dinner at 4-5 PM
- Texts or emails while you are away
- Pictures of your pets through text or email (depending on your preference
At Fur and Feathers Pet Care, we know that your pets are family and we are dedicated to making them continue to feel cared for and right at home! And that’s why when it comes to pet sitting in Addison, IL, being with us is "Where your pet is treasured"